Fraudulent homestead exemption tax relief (also known as property exemption, homeowner’s credit and school tax relief) claims cost local governments millions of dollars annually due to the lack of resources and access to public records to verify data and detect fraud.
Homestead exemption fraud commonly falls into three categories:
- The taxpayer claims multiple homestead exemptions
- The taxpayer claims a homestead exemption on a home that is not his/her primary residence
- The taxpayer is deceased
Homestead Exemption Fraud Services Features
- Access to over 10,000 sources.
- Homestead Exemption Fraud Technology uses property and deed ownership to determine whether fraud is being committed by a homeowner or joint filers who are claiming multiple homestead exemptions.
- Advanced data linking technology to help auditors, assessors, and appraisers detect fraudulent claims.
- Identify potentially millions of dollars in lost revenue in taxes and back taxes owed.
- Creates a new source of revenue for years to come.